Welcome To Detroit Water Polo Club
Summer Water Polo Session
We will have three groups for the upcoming session: All practices will take place at the Seaholm HS Pool from June 18th – July 31st 2019 (see Calendar for specific dates
- High School Boys – Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 3:00-4:30 PM
- High School Girls – Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 4:30-6:00 PM
- Middle School Coed – Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 6:00-7:30 PM
Athletes from the Birmingham Public School District will be given priority to participate but Detroit Water Polo Club is open to new and returning water polo players in Birmingham area.
Additionally, we plan to participate in at least two weekend tournaments this summer. Traveling rosters will be determined by the coaching staff with the goal of fielding the best available squad for each participating age group.
Cost is $225 for the full session (twice per week) and $175 for partial session (once per week).
I’ve included the complete sign up process below:
- Register/renew membership with USA Water Polo as a bronze athlete and affiliate with Detroit Water Polo Club when prompted, After you’ve registered, add a picture of the athlete to his or her membership card on the USA Water Polo website. If you have already registered with USA Water Polo this year, skip to step 2.
- Sign up for your appropriate practice session in the Shop.
- Fill out and sign the attached liability form from Birmingham Community Education here. If you have already filled out and returned this form, you are done with sign up.
New Athletes are welcome. The only thing we ask is that you are comfortable in the water (can swim at least 2 lengths of the pool without stopping) and are willing to learn. If you are unsure or have questions, please e-mail me at email@example.com.
Please Note: In the case we do not attract enough athletes to justify a 90 minute session twice a week for any one group, we will combine groups accordingly to offset the substantial pool rental costs. I thank you in advance for your understanding and flexibility.
News and Updates:
Current updates and information are below. To find more information visit the blog page here.
Team suit fitting/ordering will take place at Groves and Seaholm this week (4/29) at the following times: Tuesday (4/30) - Groves 5:00-5:30Tuesday (4/30) - Seaholm 5:45-6:15Thursday (5/2) - Groves 5:00-5:30Thursday (5/2) - Seaholm 5:45-6:15 We will be using Q swimwear...read more
This is on the calendar but I wanted to remind everyone that the Seaholm girls water polo team has games on Thursday April 18th and Tuesday April 23rd so we do not have practice scheduled. See you all next Thursday (4/25)!read more
Spirit Apparel Order Form
Detroit Water Polo Club spirit apparel is now available for ordering. Please use the form provided by clicking on the order form image or use this link to download the form. In the future we will enable the ability to order spirit apparel on the Detroit Water Polo web store. For now please fill out this form and send it to the address noted.